Investing in Tomorrow’s Talent Today
In Northeast Indiana, we believe that increasing the number and quality of internships and experiential learning opportunities will prepare our students for full-time employment and expand our talent pool for regional employers.
Wells County is a strong partner in the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership Internship Program, which supports our region’s talent development and talent attraction goals. Internships give regional employers and their staff the opportunity to become more engaged at work, experience a new role and work with individuals on other teams.
As the research shows, it takes more than one internship to make a community "sticky." Simply hosting an intern isn’t enough to keep young talent in the region. Our effort involves more than just hosting interns. We aim to exceed the expectations of students and employers by providing a high-quality internship program.
5 Ways Regional Employers Benefit from the Regional Internship Program
- Interns can bring fresh, innovative perspectives to your organization.
- Mentors can cultivate and engage young community leaders.
- Interns can increase diversity within an organization.
- Students can have a rich learning experience and share that experience with other young, catalytic talent.
- Employers can use the program to provide management experience to current employees.
Benefits of the Regional Internship Program
- Full implementation of the Regional Internship Program for regional businesses and organizations
- Recruitment training on IndianaINTERN.net
- Project planning
- Mentor training
- Professional development sessions for interns
- Social and networking opportunities for interns
- Participants can partner with peer employers in the region to collaborate on programing